Getting engaged is an incredible milestone in life, and choosing an engagement ring is a huge decision. You want something that both signifies your love while also capturing your partner’s unique style and personality. But, with so many different styles available, the process can easily become confusing. While jewelers can be an immeasurable help, learning about different styles before heading to a jewelry store can help give you a better idea of what you want to look for. So, before starting your search in earnest, here is what you need to know about the most popular engagement ring styles that you can choose from.
Today’s Most Popular Styles
- The Solitaire: The solitaire style engagement ring has been the go-to style since 1886. With its classic one diamond set, it is both simple and gorgeous. Traditionally, these rings feature a plain metal band; however, today some include smaller diamonds set into the gallery or undercarriage. Styles like this are a good alternative to the traditional solitaire if you’re looking for a little bit more bling without an overwhelming appearance.
- The Halo: For the angel in your life, the halo style is something to consider. Featuring a large central stone, encompassed by a ring of smaller diamonds, this ring is both sophisticated and dazzling. Alongside solitaires, these rings have become increasingly popular, and once you’ve seen them it isn’t hard to understand why.
- The Trinity: The trinity style of engagement ring features a large central stone with two accompanying stones set on either side. These stones can also be offset with smaller diamonds set into the band. More glitzy than a standard solitaire, but slightly simpler than the halo configuration, the trinity is an elegant middle ground between glam and traditional.
- A Vintage Touch: Vintage inspired rings often feature milgrain details, intricate galleries, and unique filigree. Inspired by old-school styles, these rings are the perfect amalgamation of traditional splendor and contemporary romance.
- Color Accents: Available in different styles, this type of ring takes the standard diamond engagement ring and adds a pop of color. Sapphires of many colors can be used to accent traditional diamonds giving the ring a unique and eyecatching appearance. Jewelers can often create custom rings in this style, tailored with your partner’s favorite color in mind.
The Perfect Ring for You
With these most popular styles in mind you can work with your jeweler to find or create the perfect ring for you and your partner. Engagement rings can be found in many different shapes, styles, and even colors, but the process of finding ‘the one’ doesn’t have to be confusing. Speak with your local jeweler today to get started and rest assured that you’ll find a ring that will take your partner’s breath away.